The Prof. Oommen Thomas archives is the repository of the architectural work and writing of one of Kerala's early architectural modernists. Prof. Oommen was trained as part of the first batch of architecture in Kerala (1964-69) at the College of Engineering Trivandrum, University of Kerala and went on to become its first full-time professor and longest-serving head of architecture (1979-1990). His built work largely consists of institutional buildings clustered around Trivandrum as well as churches and private residences across southern Kerala.
This archive also contains multiple unbuilt institutional projects conceived as part of the consultancy cell that he led at the school. This work spans from the 1970's to the early 1990's and is indicative of his training in an international style influenced modernism (see for e.g. his B.Arch thesis) as well as inflections resulting from documentation of local wooden architecture from the late 1970's.
- Lakshmibhai National College of Physical Education, Karyavattom Thiruvananthapuram, India. Prof. Oommen Thomas Archive, 1996.
- Vestry Towers Addition to St. Mary's Church at Manarcad, Kottayam. Prof. Oommen Thomas Archive, 1995.
- St. Mary's Orthodox Church at Karattukunnel, Amayanoor, Kottayam. Prof. Oommen Thomas Archive, 1989.
- Post Master General's Office Extension. Prof. Oommen Thomas Archive, 1989.
- St. Thomas Marthoma church at Karukachal. Prof. Oommen Thomas Archive, 1985.
- Architectural design studies for the offices of the State Institute of Encyclopaedic publications. Prof. Oommen Thomas Archive, 1985.
- Architecture Education: Wanted – Academic Excellence: a Memo on Architecture Education." In Architecture and Community Planning. Prof. Oommen Thomas Archive, 1984. "
- Conceptual pitch for a Teak Museum for Kerala State Forest Research Institute. Kerala: Prof. Oommen Thomas Archive, 1982.
- St. Thomas Orthodox Church at Vadakkanmannoor, Kottayam. Prof. Oommen Thomas Archive, 1982.
- Greater Cochin Development Authority Towers Proposal. Prof. Oommen Thomas Archive, 1980.
- The City of the Pedestrian." Malayala Manorama (1980). "
- 'A Service Station'. Prof. Oommen Thomas Archive, 1971.
- A Corporation Building for Cochin, B.Arch Thesis submitted to the College of Engineering Trivandrum. Trivandrum: Prof. Oommen Thomas Archive, 1969.